This is a Tasty Flan de Queso with guava and cream cheese that will leave you asking for more.
Ready in: 45 Minutes (10 Prep - 35 Cook) | Serves: 6 - 8 | Complexity: Medium
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 can Condensed Milk (14 oz)
- 1 can Sweetened Evaporated Milk (12 oz)
- 1 8"x 8" square or a 10" round Baking Pan (Stove & Oven safe)
- Berries of your choice (Optional topping)
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- 1 Can of Guava Shells (4 to 6 Guavas)
- +/- 1/2 cup brown Sugar (For the Caramel)
- +/- 1 tsp Water (optional - For the Caramel)
- Open the Can of Guava Shells separate liquid from shells, set the liquid to a side.
- Cut guava shells in small 1/4 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C)
- Follow the process to make caramel form Flan de Queso
- Mix ingredients as indicated in the Flan de queso recipe
- Add half of the cubed guava shells to the mixture and about 1/4 cup of the heavy syrup of the shells. Place in a Double Boiler (Baño de Maria) in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, add remaining guava shells and make sure to sink them in.
- Place back into the oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, Test with a toothpick (if it comes out clean, it’s done).
- Remove from oven carefully as water should be boiling hot, remove from double boiler and let sit for at least 15 minutes before turning it upside down on a clean plate.
- Decorate as desired and serve.
Eat as is, or with vanilla ice cream.
This Flan de Queso with Guava was a hit, every one loved it. Our nephew said it was great.
Have fun, and Enjoy!!