I found myself short of ingredients to make the caramelize apples as I would typically make them, so I had to improvise, they came out pretty good.
Great Caramelized Apples over cheese and Pretzels, a Sweet and Salty treat very easy to make.
Ready in: 28 Minutes (5 Prep - 23 Cook) | Serves: 3 - 5 | Complexity: Very Easy
- 12 Original Pretzel Crisp
- 4 Mini Babybel Original
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 Large Green Apples
- 2 tsp salt (Optional)
- Peal apples and slice to an approximately 1/8” thick, and cut in half. Set aside.
- In a small pot Melt butter, add sugar and cinnamon stick.
- After all is melted add slice apples, mix, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile open Mini Babybel Cheese and slice in 3, creating 3 thin circles.
- Uncover apples stir and test with a fork the tenderness.
- Place a slice of cheese over a pretzel crisp, then add a small amount of caramelized apples.
- Top with a pinch of salt (optional).
Share with family and friends
Give these Caramelized Apple Pretzel Crisps a try, let me know what you think.
Have fun, and Enjoy!!