A good thing about these Cereal Bars are that because of the Honey Bunches of Oat they are more like granola bars and children and adults like them equally.
These Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal Bars are great for on the go.
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 3 tsp salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups Berry Berry Naturally Flavored Kix Cereal
- 2 1/2 Honey Bunches of Oats with Vanilla Bunches Cereal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease a medium size (I used 13 x 9) baking pan, set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat marshmallows and butter together until the marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Place Kix Cereal in a food processor, and crush just about completely.
- Pour Honey bunches of oat cereal and crushed Kix crumbs into the melted marshmallows. Stir until all is well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix together, depending on how melted you wish them to be leave longer over medium heat.
- Remove pot from heat, and spread in the previously greased pan pressing or comprising down to create a flat surface both on top and bottom.
- Wait to it’s completely cool, and cut into small bars.
Tip: to compress down use a slitty greased hard spatula, it makes it much easier.
Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal Bars nice for a pick me up afternoon snack
Have fun, and Enjoy!!