It’s fascinating how crescent rolls have sneaked into our household and have managed to provoke us to the point that we love creating both savory and sweet dishes (meals, snacks, appetizers) and each time we enjoy them even more.
A sweet snack or appetizer, a mini Crescent Rolls filled with a tasty chocolate mixture.
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preparing the Mixture
- Beat butter on medium speed until creamy
- Add cream cheese, Nutella® and vanilla; beat until fully incorporated
- Gradually increase mixer speed to high and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary with rubber spatula.
- Add cocoa 1 tbsp at a time followed by the confectioners sugar
- Mix at low speed until all is well combined Assembling the Mini Crescent Rolls
- Separate dough into 8 triangles, then cut each triangle in half (making a total of 16 triangles). Spread about a 1/2 tablespoon of Chocolate cream-cheese mixture onto each triangle. Roll up starting at widest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point.
- Place on cookie sheet, bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on a cookie sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or drizzle with liquid chocolate.
These Chocolate Mini Crescent Rollsare great for family gatherings or even for afternoon snacks.