Don't miss out on these season Shrimps, Butter Lettuce leaves, and some cheese great at any time.
Ready in: 20 minutes (6 Prep + 14 Bake) | Serves: 2 | Complexity: Easy
- 18 Large shrimp
- 1 lime (juice).
- 2 tbsp Oregano (divided in 2)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tsp black pepper (divided in 2)
- 1/4 cup green olives (stuffed with red bell peppers)
- 1 tbsp Pink Sea Salt (any salt would do, adjust per taste)
- 6 slices of cheese (Mozzarella or Swiss)
- 6 Butter Lettuce leaves
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Spanish Olive Oil (EVOO) (divided in 2)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (233 C)
- Place shrimps in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of EVOO, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Make sure all shrimps are well seasoned in the bowl.
- Transfer them to an oven safe tray add 1 tbsp of oregano and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 7 to 8 minutes and then turn the shrimp over with tongs.
- Season with the remaining oregano and black pepper.
- Return to oven for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let shrimp cool down before plating.
- Meanwhile place 3 Butter Lettuce leaves in a plate, add a slice of cheese over each leave.
- Now add 3 shrimps over the cheese (9 shrimps per plate)
- Chop the green olives and spread some over each of the lettuce
- Add remaining EVOO (Optional)
- Grind additional pink sea salt and black pepper if needed.
This is it for our Simple Shrimp Appetizer