We are Featuring today Stuffed Yellow Plantains with Cheese and Prosciutto great for any occasion, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
You may substitute the cheese that we are suggesting with your favorite cheese or simply the one that you have at the moment. We have done them many times with mozzarella and they come out delicious.
- 6 Yellow plantains (ripe)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 slices of Prosciutto
- 3 slices of Swiss cheese
- 3 slices of Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C)
- Take yellow plantains cut ends and peel.
- Lightly brush each plantain with butter and wrap them in aluminum paper individually
- Place them in oven / grill
- Bake for about 20 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Carefully open aluminum paper for each of the plantains, do not remove form aluminum paper
- Cut or slice lengthwise each plantain making sure not to go all the way trough,
- Place a slice of prosciutto and a slice of Swiss chesse inside 3 of the plantains
- Do the same with the remaining 3 using Provolone instead of Swiss.
- Wrap them again in the aluminum paper and put them back in the oven/grill for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve!!
This is it for our Monday recipe: Stuffed Yellow Plantains