With this recipe you can go as simple as two ingredients: egg and peppers; or you may add spices, cheese or anything else that you like. Here is what we recently did:
Ready in: 8 Min | Serves: 4 | Complexity: Very Easy
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Red bell peppers
- 8 Eggs (2 per Person)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese
- 6-8 cilantro leafs or Parsley
- dash of pepper or paprica
- 1tsp butter or margarine
- Wash and dry the bell peppers
- Take each bell pepper and cut them into 1/2 inch rings
- Clean the inside of the pepper by removing all the seeds and the white flesh
- Place a frying pan on the stove over high heat, add butter or margarine
- After the butter melts, place as many bell pepper rings that fit in the pan and let them cook for just a few seconds on each side
- Add one whole egg two each bell pepper ring
- Add garlic salt, pepper,shredded cheese, and a cilantro or parsley leaf
- Cook untill done per your liking
- Serve with your favorite side dish for eggs. We have served it with: sweet potatos, bread, potatoes, crackers and others
These are our Bell Pepper Spicy Eggs. Now to the extra learning part
Fun educational mini activities or questions to do with little ones while preparing this breakfast
- If you child is learning colors start with the color of the peppers.
- Have you child draw a picture of the egg, have him/her say the colors of the egg.
- Tell you little one: Let's use 1 green pepper, 1 yellow pepper, and 2 red peppers. How many peppers do we have in total?
- Explain to your child from where do the eggs come. Talk about hen.
- Explain the difference between Chicken, Hen, Rooster, Chick the analogy for this is Person, Woman, Man, Baby
There are more than a million ways to go on and on. Be creative, don't miss an opportunity to teach your child something
Enjoy and have fun!!