We try as much as we can to re-invent any leftovers that we have of anything or I should say everything.
I certainly can't take the credit for the originality of this recipe as it is something that I had heard long time ago, yet I will say I have done this recipe a number of times never based on a recipe and never the same as before. I use what I have at the moment and most of the time they are different from the ones made before. So don't let the ingredients stop you from making arañitas.
Ready in: 15 Minutes (4 prep, 16 cook)
- Leftover Pasta (spaghetti or angel hair pasta preferably)
- Garlic to taste (about 1tsp for every 2 cup of pasta)
- Oregano to taste (about 1tsp for every cup of pasta)
- Salt to taste (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Pepper jack cheese per every 2 cups of pasta (Optional)
- 1 egg per every 2 cups of pasta
- Bread crumbs (about 1tbs for every cup of pasta
- Frying oil and frying pan
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Place frying pan in stove and add frying oil, wait till it's hot (If you have a deep frying pan is much better)
- using a fork take small portions of the pasta mix and start placing them in the frying pan.
- Let the pasta (arañitas) fry until golden brown, flipping them as needed.
- Remove from pan and place in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Here, we all love them and they disapear really fast.