These Cheese and ham, biscuit wrapped Asparagus are great for any occasion.
Ready in: 25 minutes (10 Prep + 15 Bake) | Serves: 2 - 3 | Complexity: Easy
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 pack of 10 biscuit
- Swiss Cheese
- Turkey Ham
- 1 or 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Nonstick butter spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C)
- Clean the asparagus and snap off the tough ends.
- Drizzle with EVOO.
- Open biscuit container and separate each one (10 total)
- Take 1/2 slice of cheese and half of either turkey ham or salami and roll them with the asparagus one by one.
- Take one biscuit, flatten it and stretch it enough to cover all the wrapped cheese and salami/turkey. Set it down and place a wrapped asparagus on top and roll, make sure the ends are overlapping and sticking.
- Place each piece, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet (I use the nonstick butter spay).
- Bake for about 8 or 10 minutes, open oven and spay some butter over each unit, continue to bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve as an appetizer or a side dish and enjoy with family and friends
We have had these Wrapped Asparagus for lunch with some salad or like you see in these pictures with avocado.
By now I’m sure you know that we love to include Kira in our daily do’s such as cooking and she loves it. What we love, is that we take this time to not only make her feel useful but to practice learned things or even learn new ones. This recipe is no exception.
Find below fun educational activities or questions to do with little ones while preparing this recipe.
- Have your little one Count the asparagus.
- Ask the colors of the different ingredients.
- Ask the shape of the slices of cheese, ham and salami.
- Have them cut (with supervision) the slices in half, making either rectangles or triangles, or maybe both.
- Depending on the age, explain or have them explain to you the concept of wrapping.
Little ones can always learn something new, help them along the way.
Have fun, and Enjoy!!