This is a simple and nutritious salad of seasoned spinach, tuna, cabbage and celery, mixed with Mayo-Olive Oil (reduced-fat mayonnaise).very easy to make.
Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 2 - 4 | Complexity: Easy
- 1 Chicken of the Sea Premium Chunk Light Tuna in water
- 3 tbsp Mayo with Olive Oil (Reduced-fat Mayonnaise)
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed and trimmed (divided in 2)
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 Cup thinly chopped cabbage
- 1 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (Optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper (Optional)
- Open can of tuna, drain, and empty content in a large bowl
- Steam 2 cups of spinach for a minute, cut in small size pieces and add to the tuna bowl
- Chop boiled eggs, and mix all ingredients together
- Place 2 cups of uncooked spinach on a plate, top with tuna and serve.
Enjoy with family and friends
This Spinach-Tuna Salad is great for any time of the day.
Our 4 year old
Our 1 year old
While making todays fast recipe you can also spend time with your children and teach them something along the way, things such as:
- We star with the main ingredient - Tuna: talk to your child about the benefits of eating Tuna, creating good habits early on makes a great difference in the long run.
- Have your child help you gather all the ingredients, then count and or measure the ones that need measuring.
- Depending of the age you can play a color game by just selecting an ingredient and having him or her tell you the color
- Similar to color game you can play the first letter game, by naming the ingredient and having the child tell you with what letter does it start.
- If the child is a bit older have him/her spell the name of the ingredient on hand
- Remember you can always incorporate in the talking things like “on your right or left side” place this or that "over or below” something.
- By the end of the preparation always thank your child for helping you make the meal and for the great time you both had in the kitchen.
Little ones can always learn something new, help them along the way.
Have fun, and Enjoy!!