That being said we continue to enjoy shrimp and to find different ways to cook or I should say it them. Today we are featuring a very simple way to season pre-cooked shrimp and make them a topper for many things such as bread, potatoes, plantains, or like we are presenting it with salad.
Ready in: 15 Minutes | Serves: 2 - 4 | Complexity: Very Easy
- 20 large Shrimp (A full bag)
- 1 Large lime
- 4 Cups of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 2 tsp green onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp dry Oregano
- 2 teaspoons dry Mint
- 1 mince Garlic Clove
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided in half)
- Salt to taste
- Place shrimps in a bowl add lime and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Cut, clean and cut in half the red and orange peppers. Take half of the peppers and finely chop them, the other half finely slice (keep separate).
- Mix finely chopped peppers with green onions, oregano, mint, garlic, dash of salt, and 2 tbsp of EVOO. Set aside
- In another bowl mix Shredded Iceberg Lettuce with the remaining EVOO, Salt, and the sliced peppers.
- Take shrimps out of the fridge, pour the lime into the oregano-mint mixture, mix well then add shrimps and toss a few times.
- Plate the season Shredded Iceberg Lettuce and top with the shrimps.
Server and Enjoy these Seasoned Shrimps - Salad topper are not only tasty but healthy.