It’s great for does that have a sweet tooth as it has a sweet kick to it. And if you are counting calories, instead of using jam (I use homemade), use freshly cut/mashed peaches.
Ready in: 50 Min (20m prep, 30m cook) | Serves: 4 - 6 | Complexity: Medium
- 1 Savory Roast Turkey Breast tenderloin
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 2 limes, about 3 tbs juice (you can use lemons)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 tbs Sofrito
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Peach Jam
- Butcher's String
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Take Turkey breast tenderloin and butterfly cut it.
- Season with sofrito, and set aside unrolled
- Meanwhile cut mozzarella cheese in 1/4 inch slices.
- Peel and cut garlic cloves.
- Spread garlic over inside side of turkey, and add about 1/4 cup of peach jam
- Place cheese over jam, 2 tsp of oregano over cheese, and add an additional 2 tbs of peach jam over oregano.
- Roll up Turkey Breast tightly and firmly, then tie with string.
- wash with lime juice and sprinkle with garlic salt and remaining oregano
- Place in oven until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey reads 160F (70C), approximately 30 minutes (depending on oven).
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thickly slice, drizzle with a mixture of peach jam and lime.
- Serve warm, great with veggies or rice and beans.