If you like things very crispy/crunchy and you don't mind the oil and they frying; follow the instructions until step 9, then fry in plenty of oil.
- 4 - 5 medium potatoes (2 cups mashed)
- 2 tbs butter (or margarine)
- 2 tbs cornstarch + extra for hands approx 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cup chopped green onions (Optional)
- 2 tbs Garlic powder or adobo seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup dry-toasted breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 egg, lightly beaten
- Place mashed potatoes in a bowl; let cool down for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Add butter, Cornstarch and seasoning.
- Divide mixture in 10 to 12 equal parts.
- Cover your hands with cornstarch so the mixture don't stick.
- Take 1 of the 10-12 portion in your hands and make a patty like a pancake
- Put some cheese in the center and form a ball
- Repeat the process with the remaining portions, make sure to cover each one with cornstarch
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs, roll each ball in eggs
- then roll in breadcrumbs, and place in a oven safe cookie sheet
- Place in oven (preheated oven 350 degree F) for 20 minutes then put in broil for 7 more minutes.
Next time I will try spraying some butter over them to see if we get a more crispy coating.
Hope you try and like them.