They are filled with nutrients and have been linked to many health benefits such as lowering blood pressure, promoting regularity and improving heart health. It contains multiple vitamins and minerals such as: Vitamins B6 - C - A, Manganese, Iron, Potassium, Protein, Folate, Dietary Fiber, and others.
All that being said it is always a good idea to keep bananas around, as a matter of fact it’s great to keep some frozen. Frozen bananas come in handy to create tasty healthy treats for the entire family. You can enjoy banana ice-cream from frozen bananas in 2 easy steps or you can get creative and add other ingredients and make a mix ice-cream by adding other ingredients such as we have done today. Keep reading and see how easy and fast it is. This is a simple 3 ingredients, healthy, ice-cream that children love
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango pulp
- 1/4 Cup Baby Kale Mix (Chopped)
- Place frozen Bananas into a food processor, blend for 40 to 60 seconds
- Add Mango and chopped Baby Kale Mix, blend for an additional minute (or two), or until you get the ice-cream consistency that you like.
- Don’t over do it to much as the heat of the processor may start to melt your tasty ice-cream.
This is a very tasty a Healthy Ice-Cream that you can make with just bananas or mixing other tasty flavors.
Our girls enjoying this Healthy Banana Ice-cream
Games, activities and/or questions should be adjusted depending on the ages of your child. Our girls are 2 and 5, and while they both know most of the colors, most of the time my first questions are color related. That being said here you go:
- Ahead of time children can help you prepare fruits by pealing, cutting and placing in zip-lock bags and into the freezer.
- Talk to your children about the ingredients that you will be using to make your Ice-cream.
- Ask them if they know the ingredients names, colors and shapes. Ask your child:
- From where does the banana come?
- What colors are normally the bananas? Are they always that color?
- Why do they change color?
- Is the Mango a Fruit or a Veggie?
- What colors are the Mangos? If you know more about the fruit in question take advantage of this time: talk to them about the place it comes from, the different things that you can do with it, health benefits, etc.
- In reference to the Baby kale Mix, besides the color and shape, explain what is a mix and how by mixing things we can provide a balance and better nutritious diet.
- Last but not least remember to have them do most of the work. If they are old enough to cut they can chopped the Baby Kale Mix.
- Have them pour items into the food processor (make sure the food processor is off and in a safe position).
Serve this ice-cream with some dry fuits or nuts...
Be Creative, have fun, and Enjoy!!