So I did. Base on her ingredients and a few twists I made this recipe, after cooling it in the fridge I tried it and I was like: this is good yet "Far from being cheesecake", the interesting thing is that the day after I had more and now it did taste more like cheesecake. So I decided to make shots for a gathering and they were a hit.
Ready in: 40 Minutes (10 Prep - 30 Fridge) | Serves: 10 - 12 | Complexity: Very Easy
- 1 pack of cream cheese at room temp. (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup and 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (any fat content)
- 2 cups cool whip, or freshly whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cup freshly chopped strawberries
- 3 mint leaves (Optional)
- Red sugar crystals (Optional)
- Crush graham crackers (I use blender), then combine with melted butter and tbsp of sugar. Set aside
- Combine freshly chopped strawberries with mint leaves. Set aside
- In a bowl smooth cream cheese, mix with sugar
- Add lemon juice and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add milk, and mix together.
- Then fold in whipped cream.
- Take one shot glass, add 1 tbsp of graham cracker mixture and press down, add a tbsp or 2 of cream-cheese mixture (depending on the depth of your shot glass), add about one tbsp of strawberries and top with more cream-cheese mixture
- If desire add red sugar crystals.
- Place in refrigerator for a min of 30minutes.
Our little taster could not wait to get her hands (mouth) on them.